Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm Six Months Old Today!

Hi everyone! My name is Gabriel, I'm now officially six months old, and I think I've got stuff pretty much figured out. You better keep an eye on me... 'cause I can roll around, knock expensive things off tables, stick pretty much anything in my mouth (even my toes), and watch TV when you're not looking. I love making weird squawking noises and then laughing at myself... I can blow raspberries and make fishfaces, and I LOVE being surprised and being thrown up in the air. I flash my toothless, goofy grin at strangers at the grocery store, and I figured out that my winning smile can pretty much get me whatever I want. Either that, or if I cry long and hard enough, mommy and daddy will pick me up. They say I'm spoiled, since I can somehow end up in bed with them by the morning. It's the best.

I'm still getting used to eating from a spoon - sometimes I eat a lot, sometimes I just don't feel like it. But bananas and apricots are pretty yummy... although Mommy's milk is ALWAYS my favorite. I am most unhappy during car rides (hear me scream!!), but at least I've gotten to see lots of fun places already - like the zoo (twice!), the botannical gardens, the children's museum, lots of restaurants, outdoor concerts, the swimming pool, and lots of coffee shops and bookstores. I love facing out in my Bjorn and seeing the world around me, and I especially love watching other babies. It sure is fun! Will I always get to be the center of attention everywhere I go?

My favorite toy... is definitely my exersaucer. Did you see how I can stand up and jump in it like a big boy?? Mommy and Daddy are happy with it too, since they finally get to eat meals together. I tried out a Fisher Price jumper in Babies R Us and squealed with delight when I found out how high I could jump in that one!! I'm still waiting for Mommy to buy it for me.

Best of all, I have soooo many people who love me. At least, they sure do kiss my cheeks a whole lot... and call me all kinds of cute nicknames (mostly having to do with my chubbiness). I have lots of aunties and uncles who have come to visit, my po-po just came again for 2 whole weeks, and I'm taking my second airplane ride to Houston in a couple weekends to see my nai-nai and yeh-yeh. Hooray, I can't wait!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Awww...Gabe, I enjoyed seeing you twice in one week! You're growing up so fast. Your mommy and daddy love you very much and your smiles do pretty much melts anyone's hearts! We love you!

kwok said...

Gabe. Now that you have stated your manipulative intentions, I will no longer cave to your smiles.

Anonymous said...

Happy six month birthday, Gabe=) Can't believe it's been six month already~~

Edmund and Alicia said...

wow! he's soooo cute!

Annika said...

Gabe, you are one cutie pie! I can't wait to meet you one of these days! When are you going to come see us in Chicago?? :) :) :)