Monday, January 15, 2007

Dan Shui

At the very last stop of the red line, you find yourself in another place almost. Lined by the Pacific on one side and the mountains on the other, Dan Shui is a great place to go on a beautiful day. The streets were lined with children playing arcade games, shooting hoops, riding ponies, eating squid on a stick... we even got a glimpse of Spiderman (with whom Josh exchanged some web action.) We took a ferry across the river to an even more beautiful boardwalk and bridge, where people sold some specialty foods, and we got to enjoy the view. I think we'll go back again :)


haha.. probably as close as josh will come to taking glamour shots.


ah ghey? we tried something new... it's like a tofu wrap with fensi inside (looks sort of like brains!)







3 comments:

thelins said...

dan shui is known for their mussels with basil. john and i talk about it all the time (and we had it a year and a half ago!). hope you got a chance to eat it!

kwok said...

dang. i was hoping for a picture of josh with spiderman.

Mrs. Yao said...

dan shui is close to where I lived growing up... looks like Taiwan has changed soooo much. Keep posting pictures, makes me feel at home. =)

P.S. Sarah, I'm sorry I missed your call! I was so upset that I did. I was in the middle of an online timed test and wasn't answering phones... :(