Sunday, December 18, 2005

Back to school!

ok, so new news yesterday... I (sarah) was officially accepted to a Ph.D. program in education at Saint Louis University!! so if you've been wondering what i've been doing down here besides taking care of joshy, now you know. i've been walking down this road for a few months now, but unsure of where I was going. so now I just wanted to share the good news with all of you out there in blog-o-land.

Please pray for me as I decide to pursue this program. SLU has a pretty large College of Public Service, which includes educational leadership, public policy, and other courses of that nature. so the avenues from which I can choose to study/do research are quite endless, which is exciting. I spent the last few months taking classes for fun (yes, it's true). I was hesitant about going back to school, but pleasantly surprised. God has really opened doors and made the journey very smooth so far, so I'm inclined to keep going... Josh calls me a nerd all the time, so I may as well accept it - so far, it's been a nice diversion... and hopefully it will be for the next 3-4 years. I'm thankful that my husband has been so loving and supportive of me and what i hope to do with my life. we figure now (a.k.a. before children) is the best time for me to be in school, yeah? so we'll see how things go, starting in January.

10 comments:

Foodinese Queen said...

Congrats! We'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

congrats sarah!!

Anonymous said...

yes, before children... i ended up putting my studies on hold, and we don't know if i'll ever have the chance to go back. so sad. i spent lots of time, energy, & money in it already.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

haha.. man, i keep forgetting to check your non-xanga page...

mofesta said...

chonchy you nerd, congrats :)

kwok said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

3 to 4 years, eh? i see st. louis slowly pulling you guys in to this nice little town. (not that i know anything about that...) congratulations!

kat said...

congrats, sarah! :) merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

hey dude! very exciting. sorry it's a bit late to post a congrats on your page (i should check your guys' page more often!!) but at least i got to congratulate you in person when you told me. :D so congrats again!! have a great time in c-town... too bad we can't meet up. :( see ya soon.

the crafty baker said...

aw yay! congrats! but that means yall won't be coming back to houston anytime soon =( oh well, i prob won't be in houston much longer either...

study hard!