Sunday, September 04, 2005

greek festival


OPA! (fun to say, but does anyone know what that means?)

just down the street from us was a greek festival... lots of greek music, gooey nutty pastries, kabobs of all sizes, and of course, the gyros. i did try a sour rice thing wrapped in grape leaves, it was pretty gross. elma and i opted for the gyro salads, loaded with lots of meeeet. we didn't do much else besides eat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't like dolmas? (I think that's what they're called.) Yeah they're okay, I guess. But there are certainly more tasty greek things. I don't know about culture...but cultural foods are usually okay by me. =)

Foodinese Queen said...

oh man i love dolmas! next time i'll eat em for ya

Anonymous said...

yeah.. just too sour for me. i think i would have to plug my nose and swallow.

Anonymous said...

"opa" is korean for older brother by a younger girl


josh is really cute